Friday, January 06, 2006

Shopping Trip (sort of)

I've been struggling with trying to scrap a photo of Savannah when she was just a month old. It's not the greatest pic of a baby, but there is just something about it I love. I just couldn't get inspired to scrap it in any way I really liked, so I junked the 4 tries I'd done, filed the photo, & gave up. Then I was browsing the forums over at Scrap Mommies & saw they have a contest to have one of your photos scrapped 3 ways by their design team. I thought ~ "This is it! I'll see if my photo will get picked & maybe they'll be able to come up with a layout!" So I submitted it & am hoping they pick me & I finally get this photo scrapped! Then I decided after all that struggling with trying to make a LO with this 12 1/2 year old photo, I needed to do some shopping. Now, I use the money I make from the sale of my kits to buy other designers' kits. And I was also going to use that money to buy a new video card for my computer since mine crashed (I'm using the girls', much to their dismay), but after "window" shopping over at Scrap Mommies, I just couldn't help myself. I know it may seem odd for me, a designer, to "promote" another designer, but Traci Reed does some amazing work. I've been drooling over 2 kits, Shabby Grapefruit & Christine for a while now, but then I saw a new kit, Cozy Winter, & treated myself to 3 new kits! So now the girls' will have to do without their computer for a little while longer, since Mommy had a moment of weakness & decided she needed 3 new digi kits more than a new video card!

No comments: