Sunday, February 18, 2007

A Fun {and Educational} Day Out

We just spent the morning at our local Science Center viewing a totally awesome exhibit ~ Gunther von Hagens "Body Worlds III". If you ever get the chance to see this I encourage you to do so. It's an exhibit with actual bodies {and body parts} that have been preserved through a process called 'plastination', and is a much more interesting way to learn about the human body than reading a text book or medical journal. We went with my mother {an RN}, my older sister {who is working on her nursing degee}, & my younger sister. It was nice to go with my mom, she was able to show, as well as explain the injuries my niece sustained, giving us a much better understanding of what her recovery will intail. And speaking of our niece, she had the stitches in her back removed & is now home & working on getting around with a wheelchair trying to do things she's capable of on her own. Next week she will have a tutor coming to the house to help her catch up on her studies. My SIL said she still tires easily, but has difficulty sleeping because of the pain. But all in all is doing very well.
On to other news ~ the little snippet of a kit is now a full kit ready for the store on Monday. It's called "Crack-A-Lackin" and was so much fun to make. Now, you may be askng "What the devil is crack-a-lackin???" It's a phrase I heard Savannah saying to her friends on day while chatting on the phone. I asked her what it ment she said it means "Whatever you want it to mean. So, if something or someone is cool they're 'crack--lackin'; if something or someone is lame they can be 'crack-a-lackin' ~ just depends." I love the word, it sounds cool {or should I say 'crack-a-lackin'!} and I must say this kit is definately crack-a-lackin {meaning cool!}! The alpha was also so much fun to make with all the little clusters hope you like as much as I do ;)





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the kit turned out lovely. I love the grungy edges and the name is really "crack-a-lackin"! Hehehe!

I couldn't figure out where to go to purchase though?

Mama Jane said...

FYI...that phrase is from the movie "Madagascar".

Anonymous said...

Love the new kit and that name is too cute!! Glad to hear your niece is on her way to recovery! She's got to be sooooo glad to get out of the hospital!